Creating E-Books with Kindergarteners | The Thinking Stick

Creating E-Books with Kindergarteners | The Thinking Stick:


I have talked about my struggles with using technology with the younger students and how I felt we should be limiting their screen time to really good uses of technology. Uses that don't include iPads as flashcard and game replacement devices. 
cover page monkey cat
COVER OF MONKEY AND CAT
What I was struggling with was finding a project that I felt was worth the time away from exploring, running around, building, and imagining things in favor of sitting with a digital device. I still struggle with this actually. If all that iPads and technology can be used for in the younger years is games, flashcard replacement, and a handful of other replacement type tasks then I'm not sure we're getting the bang for our buck with technology. I want it to do more, I want it to redefine the classroom and that's hard when I believe kids should be spending time playing together, interacting, and imagining. Also knowing that outside of school many of them are getting plenty of screen time at home. So what I really am looking for is a project where I can say...that is a good use of technology with Kindergardeners. 
And I found it....

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue