12 Buzzwords You'll Hear in 2013
12 Buzzwords You'll Hear in 2013:
What buzzwords will have workers buzzing in 2013? Only time will tell, but to help,BusinessNewsDaily interviewed small business owners, PR people, entrepreneurs and others to give workers a heads up on which buzzwords they may see in the coming year.
- Advertainment -- "Advertising is no longer about interrupting what people are interested in, it's about being what people are interested in."
- Phablets -- A mixture of a smartphone and tablet.
- Growth hacker -- "A role that replaces traditional marketing roles in fast-growing businesses."
- Social learning -- "An individual's learning a skill through observation, without necessarily changing their behaviors or on-the-job performance.
- Alphanista -- "Successful women in powerful positions having it all."
- Acqui-hire -- "A blend of acquired and hired."
- Return on involvement -- A brand that "gets involved with their community will garner better return on their investment by getting involved hosting fundraisers, partnering with schools and giving the local residents a gathering spot."
- Inventreprenuers -- "An entrepreneur-inventor hybrid that markets and/or manufactures their own creation."
- Twinternship -- "An internship where the student’s mission is to promote the company and its brands using social media such as Twitter and Facebook."
- Wantrepreneur -- Someone who hasn’t "taken all the steps necessary to take the leap" intoentrepreneurship.
- Minergy -- Someone who uses "minimal energy to get the task accomplished."
- Tri-ti-tasking -- "Doing three things at once."