How robotics inspires my pupils - and my teaching | Teacher Network Blog | Guardian Professional

How robotics inspires my pupils - and my teaching | Teacher Network Blog | Guardian Professional:

students competing in the world championships

A design and technology teacher on how robotics has opened up a world of creative learning





When I was young, I was fascinated by constructing things and learning how to make them move. That is what initially led to my interest in engineering, an interest that has shaped most of my career.
Now, as a design and technology teacher, I have been looking for a way to put the "wow" factor that I felt as a kid into design and technology for my students. While the engineering programs we had were fun and engaging for our generation, they simply wouldn't appeal to students today. In my search for the answer over the past few years, it has become increasingly clear to me that robotics offers that potential.

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue