Using Technology to Teach About the Election | Edutopia

Using Technology to Teach About the Election | Edutopia:




I will freely admit that I can be a bit of a political junkie from time to time. I listen to the news every morning, and I love talk radio in the evenings. I try to stay abreast of the goings on in the world and in our country. That is why I can see nothing more important than taking advantage of the election to engage our students in the political process and to help them begin forming their own viewpoints on real issues.
Teaching about the election is nothing new. I remember sitting in front of the television watching the debates for homework back in the early '90s. However, the interactive websites and tools available to students and teachers today make teaching the election a completely different ball game. Students can now participate in online polls, read news at their reading level, and play interactive games that help them understand political issues and processes. Teachers can use technology tools to facilitate polls, discussions and debates in their own classrooms. Here are some examples of how technology can bring the election to life in your classroom.

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue